Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Journey Begins

Hello!
My name is Latoya and I suppose I should give you a bit of history of me and The Food Snob...
I was born of Caribbean/Latin (specifically Panama) and Southern decent and exposed to many different cultures while growing up. Cooking was a mainstay in my upbringing. I practically grew up in the kitchen.

Fast Forward to High School where I was see-sawing on going to a "traditional" college or going to Johnson and Wales or the CIA (Culinary Institute of America). Well, forces of the universe and Divine Plan had me go the "traditional" route and put my dreams of being a chef on the back burner.

Fast Forward again through my years at Smith College and post graduation when I decided to move with friends to Atlanta, GA with no job or money. I found a position as a waitress at a local pub and HATED IT! I moved on to event planning and felt stuck. One day it hit me, "Hey, why not pursue your desire to become a Chef?" So I did. I enrolled in Le Cordon Bleu and the rest is history.

I did an externship in Barcelona, Spain and have traveled to 10 different countries and numerous international cities.

I have been a practicing Personal Chef for a year now. I also worked as an exhibition chef for nearly a year before deciding to go off on my own OFFICIALLY! (Phew, and what a journey this is!)

A friend named me a Food Snob while in culinary school..and the name stuck!

I provide personalized meals, cooked in the client's homes or delivered. Personal grocery shopping, "Rent-a-Chef" services, Lessons, Event Catering and Event Planning!

Thanks for checking out my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Pre Fast Forward to through College...
    I met an interesting charcter named Mary Hines and she's super! ...that is all :0)

    ReplyDelete